Excel/Excel submit, group and update

Question
QUESTION: Hi Edward,
I'm lost. I have a report to do for all stores. There are 15 stores, grouped by 3 regions. The report is for lamps of different types, bought on different days.

I need to create a sheet for my region reps to enter the lamps as they were bought, then press a "submit" button, which will in-turn group the lamps by store, then by type and spit out how much of each type of lamp (total) was bought by each store in a month.

NB: They should only be submitting this info once each month.

ANSWER: It would be possible to write a macro to do this, but you may find it quicker to do copy and paste to get the data into one sheet (if it isn't already there) and then use a pivot table to get the summary data you want - happy to expand on any of this if it helps, and should you need it my direct email is aidan.heritage@virgin.net (question found in question pool, indicating the original expert rejected the question for some reason)

QUESTION: Hey,

Can I create a submit, where my users on have the form they should enter data in, while I have the table the data is submitted to? If yes tell me how?

ANSWER: Yes, it will be possible - though it depends what you mean by submit - if it's save the data somewhere, then a macro can do this - for example, to a text file opened for append.  If it is email, then it can be done - possibly the best source for example is Ron De Bruin's site - http://www.rondebruin.nl/win/s1/cdo.htm

QUESTION: What I meant by "submit" was that the user clicks a submit button that then runs a macro and save the data to a table in a separate workbook, maybe on a shared server or something?

I really don't need a site, I need actual macros, with comments as to what it is doing, so I know where to change to make my stuff work.

Answer
My suggestion of Ron's site was to give you actual macros, fully explained - it's hard to write a macro without knowing what it needs to do - but certainly saving it to a known location would work - the macro would have to open that file and write the data - if you could send me a sample file that the reps would be using I can write and comment a macro for you that hopefully will do what you want.
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Aidan Heritage