Excel/How to export excel data into txt file

Dear Tom Ogilvy

Your response time is very fist, and your answer are very clear and easy to use.

I want to export excel data form one particular complete sheet to txt file without having a  "big space" between each word, I want to export data by clicking one button in excel sheet, not copy and paste or "save as" option.

I hope you understand what I am asking for, if my question is not clear then please let me know what detail you need from my side.

Thank you for your kind help.

Well, Save As is the way you would export a worksheet to a text file.  

you would use a file type of   Formatted Text (space delimited) (.prn)

Text (MS-DOS) (*.txt)

would  be the type of file you want to use.  Yuo have to actually make that selection in the "Save as Type" dropdown - not just type in the extension in the file name.

I suspect you are using tab delimited but that is only a guess.

If that doesn't work for you, you can send me a workbook with your data and also a text file that has at least the first few lines of your data as you would want to see it exported.  

send these to

Tom Ogilvy

About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Tom Ogilvy

Selected as an Excel MVP by Microsoft since 1999. Answering Excel questions in Allexperts since its inception in 2001. Able to answer questions on almost all aspects of Excel's internal capabilities. If seeking a VBA solution, please specify that in your question itself so I give you the answer you want. [Excel has weak protection - if you are distributing an application, I don't answer questions on how to protect your project from your users.]

Extensive experience.

Master of Science (MS) degree Operations Research (ORSA)

Microsoft MVP in Excel.