Excel/GPA

Question
AHT
AHT  
QUESTION: Hi Tom,

I am a return customer. I asked for your help on the same topic last February 6, 2011 and your solution worked brilliantly.

Please see attachment.

I was wondering how to lookup a Percentage when I type in the data. What I need to happen is when I type in data on E2, the score should display on F2. F2 should look up the data from A2:B6. I should also be able to copy the formula from F2:F6

Hope you can help. I appreciate it.

Thanks.

ANSWER: Polo,

I believe this is what you want.  (I assume if the number is between 510 and 540 you would want the Percentage associated with 540 - the larger score as an example)

F2:  =IF($E2="","",IF($E2<510,100%,INDEX($B$2:$B$6,MATCH($E2,$A$2:$A$6,1),1)))

Format F2 to the same format as B2

drag fill F2 down to F6

--
regards,
Tom Ogilvy

QUESTION: I appreciate the immediate response.

This is what I was hoping for:

Employee 1 AHT is 510 they get 100%
Employee 2 AHT is 525 they should get something like 98.75%
Employee 3 AHT is 532.50 they should get 98.125%
Employee 4 AHT is 540 they should get 97.5

Hope you can help.

Thanks!

Polo

Answer
Polo,

This produced the answers you show:

=IF($E2="","",IF($E2<510,100%,IF($E2>750,90%,IF(COUNTIF(A:A,$E2)=1,INDEX($B$2:$B$6,MATCH($E2,$A$2:$A$6,0),1),INDEX($B$2:$B$6,MATCH($E2,$A$2:$A$6,1),1)+($E2-INDEX($A$2:$A$6,MATCH($E2,$A$2:$A$6,1),1))/(INDEX($A$2:$A$6,MATCH($E2,$A$2:$A$6,1)+1,1)-INDEX($A$2:$A$6,MATCH($E2,$A$2:$A$6,1),1))*(INDEX($B$2:$B$6,MATCH($E2,$A$2:$A$6,1)+1,1)-INDEX($B$2:$B$6,MATCH($E2,$A$2:$A$6,1),1))))))

Same as before.  Enter that in F2, then drag fill it down to F6.  

--
Tom Ogilvy

About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Tom Ogilvy