Excel/Hyperlinks and Pivot tables

Bob, Read you response from a previous question using vba but couldn't get it to work. (a novice at vba#
Have a huge exported database to Excel.  One of the cells in each entry #row) has a hyperlink to a file in SharePoint.  These work fine here.  I have several pivot tables and charts developed from this data.  When a drill down is performed the resulting spread sheet has the cells, but not the hyperlink.  Is there anyway to get these links to the drill down sheet?

There is no option in the drill down to preserve hyperlinks. A pretty involved macro would need to be written. If you could mock up a sample for me to look at (or the real thing), I'd be happy to see if there's a simpler approach.
send any wb to me at, use subject of "AllExpertsQ" and redescribe the issue.
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Bob Umlas

I`m a Microsoft Excel MVP (Most Valuable Professional) and have been since the inception of the program in 1995. I can answer every kind of Excel question except: API, Importing/exporting to other programs (powerpoint, word,...) Also check out my in-person training link at

Worked with MS Excel since version 0.99 (on the Mac!). Was contributing editor to Excellence Magazine, having written >300 articles. John Walkenbach said of me "I finally met someone who knows as much about Excel as I do."

Excellence, The Expert, Microsoft

BA in math, Hofstra University, 1965

Led sessions for the Convergence 2004-2006 seminar on Excel tips & tricks