Excel/Minutes per Page

Question
Hi!

I am not that good in excel. I know the the basic formula but I can't figure this one out, a little help please?

I am trying to make a formula on how to know the number of hours, minutes and seconds it take for a certain number of page.

For example the rate is 100 pages per hour.

If we have let's say 267 pages, how many hours and minutes should it take?

Thank you.

Answer
Wishu Thinks,

If you process 100 pages/hour  then

267 (pages) / 100 (pages/hour)  becomes

2.67 hrs

.67 hours is   .67 * 60 = 40.2  minutes

.2 minutes is   .2 * 60 =  12 seconds

so if you have 267 in A1
  and 100 in B1   in C1 you could have

=(A1/B1)/24

format C1 as  hh:mm:ss

for me that produces:  2:40:12

Does that answer the question?

--
Tom Ogilvy  
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Tom Ogilvy