Excel/Moving data from master to other WS

Question
I am almost positive I have done this before but darned if I can remember how!

I have a workbook used by two people who log in cases and by four who will pick up the cases to work.  The master sheet holds every single case that comes in with the loggers comments.  

The two other sheets are separated by type of review, New Product or Event and Trigger Driven and the people working the cases add their own comments and completetion dates.

The first four columns of the master sheet 'Log' are linked to the other two sheets so they automatically update BUT I have the filters on so only the 'New' or 'Event' shows up.  Does that make sense?  All three sheets have the exact same data but only the appropriate one for the sheet shows up.

I thought I could use an IF statement to check the cell for one of the three reviews and then send it to the corresponding worksheet but haven't been able to figure it out yet.  I've also run through vlookup, hlookup, countif, countifs, and a couple of others out of sheer desperation and would prefer not to have to resort to VBA because I am lousy at it and barely understand it when someone else writes it for me.

Any ideas?

Answer
I don't fully understand what you're trying to do. It would help if I had a sample workbook to look at. Please send to me at bobumlas@hotmail.com, use subject of "AllExpertsQ" and redescribe what you want to accomplish.

Also, FYI:

I'm leading an online 2-evening/3-hr each class in VBA. Details here:

The class is held June 4 & 6 from 8-11PM est.
If you're interested in taking a live, online VBA class, check this out:

go to http://www.iil.com

on the left side, click the link "Virtual Classroom"

on the right side, click "Virtual Classroom Schedule"

click the MIDDLE Dropdown, scroll to Microsoft Excel Visual Basic for Applications

click "See your selection"

click Course Outline (or register, etc)

And/Or, see this announcement for in-person and more in-depth training (not only VBA):

ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be an Excel User Conference June 26-28, 2013 in Las Vegas.

There are 3 instructors: Bob Umlas(me)(an Excel MVP), Tom Urtis (an Excel MVP), and Szilvia Juhasz (an Excel trainer).  
Please email me at Bobumlas@hotmail.com if you think you may be interested and

I will follow up with you when the details are known, including hotel, agenda, cost, etc.
Please use subject of "EUC Interest" in the email.

Hope to see you there!
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Bob Umlas