Excel/Need Macro to highlight cell if content especial character

Question
Dear Tom Ogilvy

I am looking for a macro option to highlight Excel cell in Red from A1 to A100 if content any of these especial character $%&()[]@# in text.

Thank You for your kind help
Jamil

Answer
Jamil

I assume you want a macro that you have to manually run.

Sub CheckCells()
Dim s As String, r As Range, cell As Range
Dim i As Long, sChr As String
s = "$%&()[]@#"""
Set r = Range("A1:A100")
r.Interior.ColorIndex = xlNone
For Each cell In r
If Len(Trim(cell)) > 0 Then
 For i = 1 To Len(s)
   sChr = Mid(s, i, 1)
   If InStr(1, cell.Value, sChr, vbTextCompare) > 0 Then
       cell.Interior.ColorIndex = 3
       Exit For
   End If
 Next
End If
Next
End Sub

that worked for me as I understand your requirement.

--
Tom Ogilvy  
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Tom Ogilvy