Excel/Organizing data

Hello, I have a master spreadsheet that has a list of locations and other information specific to each location.  The master list was broken up into three separate spreadsheets by GPS coordinates and resorted.  Additional information was added to each line item in the separate spread sheets.  The master sheet was not sorted in a specific order.  I need to combine the three separate sheets into one and then get each row back in the same order as the master sheet to resubmit to my customer.  How do I make the rows on new sheet match the order of the master sheet?

Thank you

it's not clear if there is a master field, but I'm guessing that GPS co-ordinate might be - if there is a single record per GPS co-ordinate, then I'd use Vlookup (or index match) to import the data to the appropriate rows.  In other words, I would suggest keeping the master spreadsheet in it's current order and then importing the new data onto that sheet - that way, there is no need to worry about the resorting.  

I'm happy to help further, but it might help to see sample data - or at least know what makes it unique and how it is organised - if it helps, my direct email is aidan.heritage@virgin.net
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Aidan Heritage

I have provided first hand support since `95 for Microsoft Office majoring in Word and Excel - support for all versions from 2 onwards. I'm based in the UK, so please allow for time differences when asking me questions from other parts of the world!

My background is in the insurance industry and call centre areas, but have been called upon to provide many varied solutions.

I'm educated to UK A level standard, but as I left school some 30 years ago that is rather irrelevent - university of life has provided more of a background!