Excel/using variable in functions

Question
ActiveSheet.Range(MyRange).RemoveDuplicates Columns:=1, Header:=xlYes

The above statement is an example of what I'm trying to do and I can't quite get the sequence of syntax correct.  So I have 2 questions here:
1.  generally when I want to use a variable to control cell selection in how do I set a range.  
2.  In the statement above, I have a column of text that is copied to another column and I'm trying to remove duplicates.  After, I find the first empty cell starting from the top and searching down.  Since the total unique list can vary, I want to variables to control thing.

So its an syntax issue and how I can string together elements to make a range.  Even something like this ... "$A$1:" (actual text) plus a variable which represents an end of range.

Thanks in Advance
Bob

Answer
Sorry for the late reply, I have been unavailable to reply until now

Here is one way of many

Dim TestRange As Range
Set TestRange = ActiveSheet.Range("A1:A2")
or
Set TestRange = Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A1:A2")
TestRange = "Test"

which will "type" Test in A1 and A2.  Does this help?

Bill  
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Bill