Excel/VBA function

Hello I am trying to write a function that will do the following:
I want to take data from a pivot table which has a DATE column and a NAME column and then two rows of data that need to be summed as long as the DATE and NAME columns are the same in all the rows. I need it to recoginize when it is not the same and then start over the summing process.Data will be added into this file so I need it to recoginize the end of the column if it is changing.

I would have thought you can do this within the pivot itself, so I am not sure what you are asking.

Is there any possibility that you could upload the workbook and send me a link, or perhaps list the data pre-pivot, and what results you are tring to achieve.
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Bob Phillips

Can - VBA, Functions and formulas, PowerPivot, conditional formatting, data validation, charting

I have been using Excel for in excess of 20 yeras, and I am a 9 year Microsoft MVP

PASS UK Developer Group SQL Soton SQL FAQ

BSc Mathematics

Microsoft MVP since 2005