Excel/Writing a macro to save a worksheet withing a workbook to a csv and into a particular file on the server

Hello Bill,

I am currently working on a macro which is in an excel workbook which contains 22 worksheets within the workbook. I need one of the worksheets to be saved as a csv file and saved to a particular folder on the server.  This is the macro i have but for some reason it does not like the file path and i can not work out quite what i have done wrong. It also needs to be saved as the file name plus have NC CUT BEAMSAW onto the end of the file name when it saves.  Can you tell me what i am doing wrong?
Sub NC_CUT_FOR_BEAMSAW_save_to_csv()
' NC_CUT_save_to_csv Macro
Dim fNAME As String

fNAME = Left(ActiveWorkbook.Name, InStr(ActiveWorkbook.Name, ".") - 1) & " NC_CUT_BEAMSAW.csv"
ChDir "B:\Factory\Beamsaw_CSV_Files"
ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:="B:\Factory\Beamsaw_CSV_Files" & fNAME, FileFormat:=x1csv, CreateBackup:=False

MsgBox "Activesheet saved as '" & fPath & fNAME

End Sub

I would really appreciate your help with this and look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards

Sorry for the late reply, I have been unavailable to reply until now

It looks like you are missing the last backslash

ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:="B:\Factory\Beamsaw_CSV_Files\" & fNAME, FileFormat:=x1csv, CreateBackup:=False

assuming your path is B:\Factory\Beamsaw_CSV_Files\

And does the B: drive exist?  And you don't need to use ChDir if you are including the full path in the SaveAs statement.  It doesn't hurt but it is redundant.

Dies this help?
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

I can provide help with most all EXCEL questions and most all questions about writing EXCEL macros. I have been developing macros for about 10 years in EXCEL and have switched to it from Lotus 1-2-3 after about 10 years of writing macros in it. Typically, I will not write a macro for you unless it is very short because of all the details a macro has to know about to work every time and all the time are rarely provided. If I am not given ALL the details, circumstances, and situations then a "good" macro can not be written. Please understand that I do not know it all and will be the first to say so. As politely as possible, I don't write macros for people on this site who need one, want one, seem to imply that they need one, and/or seem to think I am expected to write one UNLESS they are very short, quick, and simple. 99% of all macros are more involved than what you think and rarely am I provided with enough specific and complete details to have the code work the first time and every time. This typically means too many follow-up emails, and subsequent macro changes due to lack of specific details, just to get those details so that the macro would work, all of which is on my own free time. The voice of experience from responding to many questions from people who ask me to write a macro for them from this site tells me this. I don't mean to come across as unhelpful but macros are usually very specific and without ALL of the specifics the macro I would write will not address all of your needs and the layout, location, formatting, conditions, etc. of your data and any related files the macro would have to work with. What seems like a simple task to you is almost always more involved than what you think to have the macro ALWAYS work in EVERY situation. If you have a macro you have already written and have a question about it then perhaps I could help with that. I am sure and hope you can and do understand.