Excel/Cell Reference in Excel application.

QUESTION: Dear Marcrodos‎

Cell Reference is intersection of column,row where data is to be inserted in the cell.

For example : A3 Cell data is 5.
Now A3 cell is column 1 and row 3.

Instead of addressing a cell as columnrow i.e. A3 would we had use
addressing a cell as rowcolumn, it would have become 3A.

In this case, the cell reference is 3A, now if this convention had
been applied instead of the columnrow convention for cell representation, would it had impacted other excel features ?.

Examples : 5C, 4B, 9R instead of C5,B4,R9 respectively.

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Which I do not understand the question.
In VBA you can reference and select cell A1 using the code below

sheets ("sheet1"). Range ("A1"). select

But with the following code also selects cell A1 and becomes the first row and column as in the previous case

Sheets ("sheet1"). Cell (1,1). Select

There are two ways to select cells, please ask again if it is not what you wanted to know.

In examples can download free excel macros programmed in VBA, the maros can download and adapt the project that you're doing to automate excel.

QUESTION: Dear Marcrodos

Thank you.

As Excel is not allowing us to use 1A,5B,7R conventions  for a cell reference, if we tried using this cell referencing, it results in formulas or functions not accepting this cell reference.

To make this happen that Excel also accepts 1A,2B,5C cell references then one has to modify the source code of the latest version of excel. By doing this the current features should continue working as it was before.

Mostly the Source code of MS Excel application was written in C or C++ programming languages.

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Hi if you want to work in excel refrencia style rather than A1 1A ie first refer to rows and columns then you should change the reference style, for it clicks

Photo - options - formulas - reference style
branded the check box

Do not forget to ask again if the answer is incomplete trying to be specific in the question.

About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Expert programming macros or visual basic VBA that can help automate your Excel spreadsheets using VBA programming or macros to excel, forms and other procedures related to Macros. I also have an excellent command of Excel in almost its entirety, formulas, graphs, dynamic tables. In o examples can download free excel macros programmed in VBA, macros can be downloaded and adapted to the project that you're doing to automate excel

For several years, use Microsoft Excel on a daily basis, more specifically in my work, which is why over several years I have compiled a wealth of knowledge about their operation, adding to the basic operation of coding excel VBA macros to automate repetitive tasks . I serve as an expert in excel also in site, which I enjoy a great reputation. In o examples can download free excel macros programmed in VBA, macros can be downloaded and adapted to the project that you're doing to automate excel

In public o continuously macro examples that readers can download for free and adapt to the needs of each project in excel that has the web page visitor

My profession's is a Chartered Accountant with experience in Excel, especially in VBA or macro programming, but also in the formulas and everything related to excel, I graduated several years ago at the National University of Cordoba, now I practice my profession in which a basic tool is excel.