Excel/Excel 2007

Question
I am in Canada. Our tax laws allow deductions that are made to registered charities. I am associated with such a group. Presently our treasurer manually registers each persons contribution on a form, there are more than one contribution per member per year, manually, adds these up and then writes and signs a receipt for the year's contributions.
I have put together a spreadsheet that takes care of all of the contributions. Each person on one sheet. As a part of the sheet is an "Official Receipt" that is printed and given out at year's end.
All of the details in the receipt are updated automatically, with amounts being converted into words using 'SpellNumber".
I would like to be able to insert the treasurer's signature automatically.
I have a number of 'User Defined Names' that take care of repetitive data. I would like to be able to do the same with the treasurer's signature as a 'User Defined Name' as this person can be changed from time to time.
Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Answer
Hello John,

Thank you for the question.

In this situation, the only method I have used successfully is an image of the signature.  Additionally, adding a Digital Signature (Adobe .pdf) may resolve the need to use the User Defined Name option.

Please be aware that Digital Signatures are based on network login.

Hope this helps

Mary Lindsey
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Mary A. Lindsey