Excel/Excel assistance

I am trying to determine if there is a way to prepopulate certain cells based on data in other cells on different tabs. We are performing a test for a customer.  There are multiple tabs, each for different sections of the testing.  I have a solutions tab, that I want only to populate should items on the other tabs need attention.  If Cell A2 is the first open cell for a proposed solution on the solutions tab, and continuing on with A3, A4 etc. regardless of where the "needs attention" item is located, I want the first "needs attention" to populate A2 on the solutions tab, the next "needs attention" to A3 and so forth.

It may just be programming that is beyond my understanding or capability but I don't know if excel can even perform this function.

Please advise

Do right click on the Solution Sheet Tab and paste the below code and test...

Change the Range("A1:A10") to your desired range, if required.

Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range)
Dim rMyRng As Range, c As Range

Set rMyRng = Range("A1:A10")

For Each c In rMyRng
   If c.Value = "" Then
       Exit Sub
   End If
Next c

End Sub

About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

[Overview] Having hands-on experience with Excel, I can able to answer questions which is related to Conditional Formatting, Goal Seek, Scenarios, Subtotal, Validation, Pivot Table, Shared Workbook, Excel Sheet / Workbook Protection, Excel Settings, Excel Shortcuts and the Two Major & Massive Key Areas of Excel (i.e.) Worksheet Functions and Excel VBA (Macro).

[Services] Volunteer in many of the Excel Discussion Groups / Forums and answered more than 10,000+ questions (approx.)

[Client FAQs] My Solution Files

[Not Interested In] Chart Questions

[Something Controversial]
*50% of answers never been read by the questioner's.
*Only 5% of questioner's provide feedback about the suggested answers.

Vast Experience

Ms-Office, Oracle, Foxpro, C, COBOL etc.,