Excel/Excel Graph Footnote

Question
Hi Tom,

I have built a large and complex excel spreadsheet, and am now converting the data into bar graph form. Included in the graph itself needs to be a footnote noting the source of the data and several other important pieces of information, each of which is located in a separate cell on my spreadsheet. Normally I would use the CONCATENATE function to combine the information from each cell into one footnote, but for some reason a text box on the graph wont allow me to reference multiple cells. Is there some way around this?

Thanks

Answer
Sean,

I would concatenate the information using your formula in a separate cell on the worksheet.  Then link that single cell (with the concatenated text) to your textbox.  

That cell could be anywhere (even on another sheet).

--
Tom Ogilvy  
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Tom Ogilvy