Excel/Excel Question

Question
second attachment
second attachment  
First attachment
First attachment  
QUESTION: Dear Sir,

Actually I am attaching the small file as I have to work in the huge file like this every time.

Sir,

There is three tab in the attached file with name branch, code and main

I want to put all the detail of tab branch (whole row) if it matches with tab code (A row)  in tab main (which is blank).

The uniqueness is branch tab Column A matches with code tab  
Column A

I want all data of tab CODE from tab BRANCH if colum A of tab (code) matches with colum A of Tab (Branch).

please tell me what formula should i put in tab main

Sincerely
Rujan Amatya

ANSWER: It's not clear how you want to get this data - are you after a summary - if so, a sumif, countif or pivot table would be the way to go.  Are you after all the data for a given branch - if so, an array filter would do it or a macro - sorry to be vague, but it's not clear from the question (which may be why the original expert rejected it).  If it helps my direct email is aidan.heritage@virgin.net - more than happy to help further to try to get you the data you need.

Third attachment
Third attachment  
QUESTION: Dear Sir,

I have attached another image which shows the what kind of result I wanted. As Tab (branch) has all the GL code as that of Tab (code) but tab branch Gl code has been segregated in CCY as well. so I want to extract all the data of Tab (Branch) in Tab main, if GL code of Tab(CODE) matches with Tab (Branch).

Sincerely
Rujan

Answer
From the image it appears that an array filter would do it - http://aidanheritage.byethost3.com/excel/ArrayFilter.xls is an example of this - it uses an array of cells (which need to be at least as long as the number of records you expect to return) with the cells being selected as a block first, then the formula typed and committed by pressing ctrl shift enter.
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Aidan Heritage