QUESTION: Hi Bob
Thanks for your help
Here's my dilema:
- im using excel 2010
- ive a number of rows, each one displays some fields ive exported from a database
- one row per record
- at the top i have a stats table that analyses some of the data from the rows
- my rows of data start at row 27 onwards for about 100 further rows in total
- in the stats table, i need a formula to calculate:
if the name in column A = FRED, and if the cell in column H on that same row is not blank, then count it.
- there will be multiple rows which meet this criteria
- i also need a similar formula: if name in column A = FRED, then sum the amount in column K, for all rows that meet this (NB column K may contain an amount or it may be blank)
Many thanks for any help you can give
---------- FOLLOW-UP ----------
QUESTION: Thanks bob, easy when you know how!
Ive implemented this, with some minor variations, and now have a followp please:
i need to add an exception to a sumif.
I have: =SUMIF($A$19:$A$70,"fred",$E$19:$E$70)+ SUMIF($A$19:$A$70,"fred",$F$19:$F$70)
but i want to add to this formula the condition: discount any figures in column E where there is a figure in column K
discount any figures in column F where there is a figure in column L.
I think i need to use sumifs, but i cant work out the rest.
column A = name
column E = estimated travel costs
column F = estimated accommodation costs
column K = actual travel costs
column L = actual accommodation costs
Data = rows 19:70
Im creating a stats table at the top and need to work out how much is remaining to be spent for each person (their name can appear on multiple rows in the data). For example, how much does fred have left to spend?
I need to add up his all his estimated costs,
then discount any estimated costs from the summing where actual costs have been entered (this is not in all cases).
Is this possible?
Many thanks for your help
Yes, it's possible, but whatg do you mean by discount? Is that a percentage of something or just subtract the value showing.
And, byt the way, your initial formula could be changed from