Excel/finding a sheet within a work book

Question
Dear Aidan

Good day.

If I have a workbook with many sheets around 80 can I find a specific one without having to right click the arrows & searching by my eyes. like Ctrl+F funnction?

thanks

Answer
You already know one shortcut which many don't - which is the right click to give you the full list of sheets - but there isn't any further inbuilt method to simplify this further (that I know of) - however, you could build (via a simple macro) and index tab which listed all the sheets with hyperlinks to them

Sub indexer()
Dim n As Long
n = 1
For Each sht In ActiveWorkbook.Sheets
Cells(n, 1).Value = sht.Name
ActiveSheet.Hyperlinks.Add Anchor:=Cells(n, 1), Address:="", SubAddress:=sht.Name & "!A1", TextToDisplay:=sht.Name

n = n + 1
Next
End Sub

This macro should be run with a blank sheet (ideally the first one in the workbook, or the last) active
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Aidan Heritage