Excel/VBA or Macro to get info from other sheet

Question
sheet need filled
sheet need filled  

sheet data from (has formulas in it)
sheet data from (has f  
Gulshan,
Hello and hope all is well with you and yours. I have the following request. I have a sheet in my workbook tha I need to fill from another sheet in my workbook. The following is the critiera
If in Tourofdutyrecord (workbook)  whosmynursedays  (active sheet) sheet2  (reference sheet) $C4$E85. (criteria) any one of the following “7, 7C, 7CMTG, 7MTG, 6, 6C, 6CMTG, 6MTG, NOON” in c4:e85. If criteria met then get name after (comma and space) from sheet2  column B (in same row meeting criteria i.e. if 7 in d4 then get name after  “,” from b4) and place in (active sheet) whosmynursedays  A7.  Then goto B7 using same criteria and fill whosmynurse row b7 and so on till H7 filled or no more names meeting criteria from Tourofdutyrecord sheet2 $C4$E84.
Will need the same for (TAB/SHEET) whossmynurseevening but with criteria “3, 3C, 3CMTG, 3MTG, NOON” from same array $C4 $E84.
If possible can you breakdown each step in code so I can learn and hopefully duplicate for whosmynurseevening with the necessary modifications. I would really like to learn this part of excel and do not want to keep burdening everyone for their work.
Thank you for looking and especially for doing. I am attaching a pic of what I need. If you would like you can get to me at jmendenhall22{at}gmaildotcom.
John

Answer
Hello John,

This looks like a job for Vlookup. Vlookup searches for a matching value in a range and picks up the nth column corresponding to the matching value. If you try using Vlookup with If condition, you might get what you need even without a macro.

Hope this helps,
Gulshan.
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

GULSHAN PURSWANI