Excel/VBA Solution

Hi Tom,
I have a quick question regarding User Defined Functions...Is there a way to reference the cell that the formula is being entered into? For example, when programming a Selection_Change event, you can use Target to reference the cell that was selected... is this possible with a UDF?

Thanks for the help,

dim Target as Range
Set Target = Application.Caller

application.caller will cause an error if the code isn't being executed from a cell - for example you try to run it or call it from another procedure being run  - so it makes it hard to debug when you are building the code.

Tom Ogilvy

About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Tom Ogilvy

Selected as an Excel MVP by Microsoft since 1999. Answering Excel questions in Allexperts since its inception in 2001. Able to answer questions on almost all aspects of Excel's internal capabilities. If seeking a VBA solution, please specify that in your question itself so I give you the answer you want. [Excel has weak protection - if you are distributing an application, I don't answer questions on how to protect your project from your users.]

Extensive experience.

Master of Science (MS) degree Operations Research (ORSA)

Microsoft MVP in Excel.