Excel/Conditional Formatting Excel 2010

Question
Am trying to set up conditional formatting for a skins sheet for my golf league. Skins being the lowest value in a range. I need the lowest value only highlighted. If there are duplicates of the same lowest value I don't need it highlighted. Skins is recognized only if it is the lowest single value. In other words, if 2 out of 24 people had a low score on a hole of 4, there is no skin. If only one person received a 4 for that hole it would be classified as a skin and I would want it highlighted. I also have to do this for each individual hole. There are 18 holes on a typical golf course. I can highlight highest and lowest, but I need lowest only, if it in fact the single low score for that hole. Thanks, Kurt

Answer
KURT

You are in luck, I am a golfer also, so I am very familiar with skins games, having run a game for years in the World Amateur golf tournament in Myrtle Beach which is held the week before labor day.  If you are not playing in it you should consider it.  http://www.worldamgolf.com/, ck it out.

As to your question.  What you need is a multiple conditioned formatting solution.  I find the formulas for that very tough to write, and even tougher to explain in an answer on this forum.

To make is easier, I have created a workbook that does what you want.  Send me your e-mail address and I will send it to you.  Mine is RIRSTRESS@AOL.COM
Put allexperts skins game in the subject.

Richard
Florida
USA  
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Richard Roberts