• Home
  • Computing/Technology
  • Business Software
  • Excel
  • Dear Bob

Excel/Dear Bob

Dear Aidan‎‎‎‎

Is there any option of recovering the Access Database created using Encrypt with Password Feature within Database Tools menu in Ms Access Software if one forgets the password ?.

In case no, Can one build the mechanism feature within Access application for recovering the Access Database created ?.

For examples :

a. Providing security question to the user before the password is entered.
b. The password entered by the user to the Access Database created is emailed / notified to user's email address i.e. Notification feature within excel for Encrypt with Password Feature.

N.B : Even though this question is on Access Application, if possible you can answer me. The Protect Workbook, Protect Worksheet in Excel, Protect Document in Word, Protect presentation document features in Ms Power point applications works in a similar way but in access they have not given any way of password recovery mechanism for the database.

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

The only way in any application I know of to open a password protected file (when protected for opening) is via one of the commercially available password recovery tools, which work with a differing level of success depending upon program/password complexity.  I have not had cause to use passwords on my databases, as the files I use are on a protected network anyway.
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Aidan Heritage

I have provided first hand support since `95 for Microsoft Office majoring in Word and Excel - support for all versions from 2 onwards. I'm based in the UK, so please allow for time differences when asking me questions from other parts of the world!

My background is in the insurance industry and call centre areas, but have been called upon to provide many varied solutions.

I'm educated to UK A level standard, but as I left school some 30 years ago that is rather irrelevent - university of life has provided more of a background!