Excel/HOW TO EXCELL

Question
I have a spreadsheet with a filtered column where the user selects the month they want to see the data sorted.  There is also a heading on the page that contains the name of the month..but to match what the user has selected from the dropdown menu, they have to type it in manually. Is there a way to insert the month selected from the dropdown menu into the heading?

Many thanks!
//b

Answer
Bill
I may not be totally understanding the question, but---

If you want the month selected from the drop down list to be inserted in   the heading, you can do it with a formula.  For example

If the month selected from the drop down list is in cell A8, and you want the same month to appear in the heading in cell B3, the formula in cell B3 can be =A8.

Hope this answers.

Richard
Florida
USA  
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Richard Roberts