Excel/Formatting

Question
I've been told to format the cells in my excel spreadsheet to "General;General" to get rid of any "0" values when I use the VLOOKUP function, but have no data in my LOOKUP table yet.
I know how to format them to "General", but can't figure out how to set them "General;General".
Thanks
Peta

Answer
Hi Peta,

I don't know the "General;General" trick, but I do know another method which can help you replace the errors with "0" or blank values.

You can use the =ISERROR function in excel along with the vlookup function.

Your vlookup formula would look as follows: =if(iserror(vlookup.......),"0",(vlookup......))
please replace the vlookup part with your real vlookup formula.

Hope this helps,
Gulshan.
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

GULSHAN PURSWANI