Excel/Hide all sheets of an Excel File 1

Question
How can I hide all Excel sheets including the active one so that the excel file (view) will appear as if it is an exe program?
I can attach you an example if possible.
Imad

Answer
Hello Imad,

You could make that workbook not visible. Unfortunately, the workbooks collection does not have a visible property, but the windows coolection does, so attack it from that angle.

For example

Windows("Mybook.xlsx").Visible =False

You could also use Activeworkbook.Name as the window name if it is the activeworkbook you wish to hide.

Another approach, probably a better one if I understand what you want to do, is to turn your workbook into an addin. Post back if you don't know what an addin is, or how o create one.

About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Bob Phillips