Excel/inserting images

Question
QUESTION: I asked the question below last night:

I can set up the cells so that the 140x80 images fit into them. All that would be necessary is to reduce the 640x480 images to the same size. Does that make the project below doable?

Ben

I am using excel 2010.

1. I have 430 .jpg images in folder C:1. LP software05-13-1130-1630-SA-RAS-mpeg4-
2. The first two images are differnt in size. The first image is 640X480. The second image is a zoom of a portion of the first image - its size is 140X80.
3. The subsequent images are similar pairs as described in 2.
4. I would like to be able to insert the first image in A1 and the second image in B1. I would like the first image (640X408)to be reduced in size so that it will fit in A1 which will be the size to fit second image (140X80).
5. I would like to have the subsequent pairs be inserted in order into A2-B2,A3-B3, etc.

Thanks for your help!

Ben

ANSWER: Ben

you can certainly set the height and width properties of a picture and you can position it over a cell.  (pictures exist on the object layer - they don't actually go into cells - but sit above the cells).

I certainly read a directory and get a list of file names.  

If they are images, I can insert them into the file and arrange them in successive rows.

but I have no way of knowing how to pair up the images - nor would there necessarily be any order to the images so if I could pair them, if which pair is in row 1, there is no information on that.

"1. LP software05-13-1130-1630-SA-RAS-mpeg4-"
is a folder name?

so if you can answer some of those questions, I can try to provide you some basic code.

--
Tom Ogilvy

QUESTION: 1. "but I have no way of knowing how to pair up the images - nor would there necessarily be any order to the images so if I could pair them, if which pair is in row 1, there is no information on that."

The first and second images in the file are a pair and should go into row 1 (A1,B1).
The third and fourth images in the file are a pair and should go into row 2 (A2,B2).
This sequence continues through out the entire file.

2. "1. LP software05-13-1130-1630-SA-RAS-mpeg4-"
is a folder name?

Yes

Those are the only two questions that I see.

Thanks!

Ben

Answer
Ben,

If all the images are in one file, then I can't help you.  I know nothing about multiple images in a single file.  My knowledge starts when the file is inserted into excel. I can manipulate the single picture object, but what is contained internally in that picture object is invisible to me.     

Sorry.

--
Tom Ogilvy

About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Tom Ogilvy