Excel/Mathematical constants in Excel.

Dear Sixthsense‎

1. Is it possible to input mathematical constants in cell/s using
functions in Excel ?.

For example : PI, e, Pythagoras constant, Omega Constant, Ramanujan - Soldner constant, Golden Ratio, Legendre's constant etc ?.

2. Will it be useful to create functions for inputting mathematical constants in excel spreadsheets (if not available) ?.

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Hi Prashant S Akerkar,

Thanks for sending your question on my way.

You can create your own functions in excel with the help of VBA code.

Refer these links for getting more details about how to create User Defined Function in Excel (UDF)

About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

[Overview] Having hands-on experience with Excel, I can able to answer questions which is related to Conditional Formatting, Goal Seek, Scenarios, Subtotal, Validation, Pivot Table, Shared Workbook, Excel Sheet / Workbook Protection, Excel Settings, Excel Shortcuts and the Two Major & Massive Key Areas of Excel (i.e.) Worksheet Functions and Excel VBA (Macro).

[Services] Volunteer in many of the Excel Discussion Groups / Forums and answered more than 10,000+ questions (approx.)

[Client FAQs] My Solution Files

[Not Interested In] Chart Questions

[Something Controversial]
*50% of answers never been read by the questioner's.
*Only 5% of questioner's provide feedback about the suggested answers.

Vast Experience

Ms-Office, Oracle, Foxpro, C, COBOL etc.,