Excel/Mathematical constants in Excel.

Dear Adelaide‎

1. Is it possible to input mathematical constants in cell/s using
functions in Excel ?.

For example : PI, e, Pythagoras constant, Omega Constant, Ramanujan - Soldner constant, Golden Ratio, Legendre's constant etc ?.

2. Will it be useful to create functions for inputting mathematical constants in excel spreadsheets (if not available) ?.

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Hi Akerkar!

I Hope you are well.

1. Yes, you can use a cell of spreadsheet to store a constant and use the reference of this cell as na argument of a function

Ex: Type

=PI() in A1
=Sqrt(A1) in A2

2. Yes, it is useful so you can simply the calculation of complex functions  

About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Adelaide carvalho

I will be able to answer any question on Excel and Visual Basic for Applications - class modules, recursive procedures and functions are my favourite

Several readers of my Books think they are useful.