Excel/sum multiple criteria in rows

QUESTION: Good day
can you please help me to create a formula,
for multiple criteria with multiple results in rows.
explaining this problem is a bigger problem for me,
i have attached an image file to explain this problem better.

(i gave dropbox link coz, when i try to attach image on th same page, i get error, i have been trying to attach image and post question since last wednesday)

best regards

ANSWER: In cell E2 enter

then copy this formula down through E2:E22. If you want to hide these results from user, you can make col E hidden, or white font.

In cells H3:H5 enter

In cell I3 enter

and copy this formula down through I3:I5.

QUESTION: Thank you very much
I really appreciate your help
all the formulas are working excellent,
one more thing to ask, in column "h" formula is suppose to show only 3 results, where as my actual file contains many types, at least 20 types,
do i need to copy this formula every time results are changed or is there any workaround to list it automatically.

please have a look at my original file

sheet: table 1 is data sheet
sheet: result is where formula comes

this is example file which is sent you earlier.

Best Regards

In my original answer, I said that to get the first 3 "types", you use the formulas

To get the 4th and 5th types, you'd use

Also, if your database didn't stop at row 22, but extended from row 2 to 100, you'd use e.g.

You don't need to copy the formula every time. Just set the formulas up once.
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Stuart Resnick

I can answer questions relating to MS Excel formulas, or to programming with vba (Visual Basic for Applications) in the Excel environment. Please follow the following guidelines: your question should focus on one specific issue you want to learn. It's beyond the scope of this free service for me to create entire projects or complex vba solutions for you from scratch. You should be able to do most of the work yourself, and come here when you need help with a specific point you're stuck on. ALWAYS include a simple, concrete example illustrating what you want to learn. Explain this example in detail in the text of your question (what data is in which cells of which sheets, etc). Be very precise about the results you want, using this sample to make the logic clear. Always keep these examples SIMPLE. Never e.g. use 18 worksheets in your example if using 2 or 3 will do. Never use ranges like AI567:BB865 if using a range like A1:B3 will do. Thanks.

As a consultant, I've designed Excel tools since the 90s, working for the Federal Reserve Bank, AT&T, and (currently) Gap Inc.

My only "education" comes from 2 decades of doing spreadsheet/programming work, with major SF Bay Area corporations such as AT&T, Federal Reserve Bank, and Gap Inc.