Excel/sum multiple criteria in rows

Question
QUESTION: Good day
can you please help me to create a formula,
for multiple criteria with multiple results in rows.
explaining this problem is a bigger problem for me,
i have attached an image file to explain this problem better.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k3ptvj746zrudcw/untitled.JPG

(i gave dropbox link coz, when i try to attach image on th same page, i get error, i have been trying to attach image and post question since last wednesday)

best regards

ANSWER: In cell E2 enter

=IF(AND(A2=$F$3,B2=$G$3),MAX(E$1:E1)+IF(C2=C1,0,1),0)

then copy this formula down through E2:E22. If you want to hide these results from user, you can make col E hidden, or white font.

In cells H3:H5 enter

=INDEX($C$2:$C$22,MATCH(1,$E$2:$E$22,0),1)
=INDEX($C$2:$C$22,MATCH(2,$E$2:$E$22,0),1)
=INDEX($C$2:$C$22,MATCH(3,$E$2:$E$22,0),1)

In cell I3 enter

=SUMIF($C$2:$C$22,H3,$D$2:$D$22)

and copy this formula down through I3:I5.

QUESTION: Thank you very much
I really appreciate your help
all the formulas are working excellent,
one more thing to ask, in column "h" formula is suppose to show only 3 results, where as my actual file contains many types, at least 20 types,
do i need to copy this formula every time results are changed or is there any workaround to list it automatically.

please have a look at my original file
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0hqmbpq1f5i03vv/Sabah%20Hospital.xlsx

sheet: table 1 is data sheet
sheet: result is where formula comes

this is example file which is sent you earlier.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/j1rva9lc5dtuc6v/1-test.xlsx

Best Regards

Answer
In my original answer, I said that to get the first 3 "types", you use the formulas

To get the 4th and 5th types, you'd use

=INDEX($C$2:$C$22,MATCH(4,$E$2:$E$22,0),1)
=INDEX($C$2:$C$22,MATCH(5,$E$2:$E$22,0),1)

Also, if your database didn't stop at row 22, but extended from row 2 to 100, you'd use e.g.

=INDEX($C$2:$C$100,MATCH(4,$E$2:$E$100,0),1)
=INDEX($C$2:$C$100,MATCH(5,$E$2:$E$100,0),1)

You don't need to copy the formula every time. Just set the formulas up once.
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Stuart Resnick