Excel/Conditional Formatting

Question
I am trying to make a schedule with time intervals and to see how they correspond. For example:

Joey works from 10 AM - 5 PM
Olive works from 3 PM - 9 PM

So I would like to fill out a chart:

(Would the start and end time need to be in two columns?)

Sunday
Joey:   1000 - 1700
Olive:  1500 - 2100

This information will then highlight a certain range of cells for their available time during the day:
 A      B         C
      Joey  |  Olivia
9:00         |
9:15         |
9:30         |
9:45         |
10:00 HILITE |
10:15 HILITE |
10:30 HILITE |
---  HILITE | HILITE
4:45  HILITE | HILITE
5:00  HILITE | HILITE
5:15         | HILITE
---         | HILITE
8:45         | HILITE
9:00         | HILITE

With this I will be able to see where my coverage overlaps.

I really appreciate your time on this matter.

Answer
Julie

I would say start and end need to be in separate cells.  Then you can write formulas to compare against the start and end (using conditional formatting).

If you want specific help, I would need to see the workbook.  If so, you can send it to twogilvy@msn.com

If it isn't self evident what you want, then tell me what is what in the workbook.

--
Tom Ogilvy

About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Tom Ogilvy