Excel/Copying data on all sheets

I am working in a workbook where most sheets have the same column headings. When I type data on one sheet it is now adding it in the same cells on the other identical sheets, sometimes overwriting other data.  How do I turn this off?

Thank you.

This sounds like you have grouped your sheets (Multiple sheets are selected).  I you see multiple or all sheet selected (the tabs on the sheets are highlighted), then right click on one of the highlighted tabs and select Ungroup Sheets (should be the last item or near the bottom of the resulting popup menu)  .

Tom Ogilvy  
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Tom Ogilvy

Selected as an Excel MVP by Microsoft since 1999. Answering Excel questions in Allexperts since its inception in 2001. Able to answer questions on almost all aspects of Excel's internal capabilities. If seeking a VBA solution, please specify that in your question itself so I give you the answer you want. [Excel has weak protection - if you are distributing an application, I don't answer questions on how to protect your project from your users.]

Extensive experience.

Master of Science (MS) degree Operations Research (ORSA)

Microsoft MVP in Excel.