Excel/Dynamic Range

Question
Hi Tom,
I am trying to fill a chart with the 5 bottom-most pieces of data in a dynamic list.

Do you have any ideas for a formula that will reference the bottom 5 pieces of data of a column? The formula will be some kind of dynamic range, though I only know how to create a dynamic range that starts at the top of a list and extends downward...

Thanks for the help,
Jesse

Answer
Jesse

Defined name/Named range

Name:  List
Refers to:  =OFFSET(A1,COUNTA(A:A)-5,0,5,1)

So I put numbers from 1 to 15 in A1 to A15.  the above range would be cells A11, A12, A13, A14, A15

so it assumes contiguous data.  

--
Tom Ogilvy  
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Tom Ogilvy