Excel/excel nest function

how can I nest if function containing a choose function in order to make long range multiple results about getting numbers in words for example (using ampersand &)
=if(and(a1>=1,a1<=3),choose(a1,one,two,three),"")&if(and(a1>=4,a1<=6),choose(a1,four,five,six),"")))and so on uptill millions

Hi Rauf,

Based on your question, it looks like you are trying to build a macro to convert numbers to text. There are a few issues with your approach:
1. You will not be able to use if condition upto millions because you can loop only 7 IF conditions within each other.
2. This will be a very lengthy formula if you use any combination of IF conditions.

As an alternative approach, you can try using VLOOKUP. First column can be the numbers 1,2,3....; second column can be the text one,two,three.... then you can use vlookup on this table to pull the values accordingly.

Maybe if you could share the exact purpose of this question, I could provide a better solution.

Hope this helps,
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

I can answer questions related to the following topics: 1. MS Excel - Creating and Linking Formulae, Running Pivot Tables, Vlookup etc. 2. Macros / VBA - Creating Macros to do specific jobs. Importing / Exporting / Validating Data in excel through Macros.

I've been working on excel for over 10 years and on VBA macros for over 3 years now.

Bachelor of Commerce, Chartered Accountant from The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India