Excel/Excel Sound Alert

Question
Excel Screenshot
Excel Screenshot  
Hi Aidan,
I'm using Excel 2013 and I have ZERO experience writing VBA/Macros so any help would be greatly appreciated. I have data streaming in via DDE from my broker using their API and I'm trying to have a sound alert triggered when a specific cell hits a certain value (so in the screenshot I've attached when cell BB40 hits 5% or -5% a wav file would play alerting me)
Thanks!
Scott

Answer
Zero experience and that requirement MAY be an interesting combination, but we'll try - see http://www.cpearson.com/excel/PlaySound.aspx for a description of what you need to do and the code you need to use.  You are going to need to use this I THINK with the calculation event of the workbook though I'm not 100% sure of this when the data is coming via DDE - I'm sure you will have follow up questions so please do ask!
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Aidan Heritage