Excel/Excel Sound Alert

Question
Excel Screenshot
Excel Screenshot  
Hi Gulshan,
I'm using Excel 2013 and I have ZERO experience writing VBA/Macros so any help would be greatly appreciated. I have data streaming in via DDE from my broker using their API and I'm trying to have a sound alert triggered when a specific cell hits a certain value (so in the screenshot I've attached when cell BB40 hits 5% or -5% a wav file would play alerting me)
Thanks!
Scott

Answer
Hi Scott,

There was a possibility to play sounds in old excel but looks like they have removed it now. Alternatively, you could setup a message box to pop up every time a certain value is hit. Then you can setup the windows sound scheme to play a sound along with the message box.

The macro will always keep running on the file, this could cause the excel to hang or slow down significantly.

Please let me know if you want to proceed on this approach.

Gulshan.
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

GULSHAN PURSWANI