Excel/Excel throughput Question

Question
Version 2010
Calculating time to process inserting time X inserters to generate minutes to process.

Variables         
A   Insert rate pp/hr      730
B   Number of inserters      12
C   Pieces      2475

C/(A*B)*60      16.95205479
  C/(A*B)*60/1440      16:57
The time calculation reflects a difference of 35 seconds to the straight thru calculation.  How do I get them to match for processing minutes?

Answer
Paul,

(first answer had the wrong units.  Here is a revised answer)

16.95205479   is 16 full minutes plus  .95205479 of a full minute which is equal to 57.1232874 seconds.  So if I round to full seconds, then it is  16 minutes and 57 seconds

in your second calculation, you get the same thing:  16 minutes and 57 seconds.

I am not sure where you see a difference of 35 seconds.  To me, the results look equal.   

--
Tom Ogilvy

About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Tom Ogilvy