Excel/setting up data in single Column

Sheet Preview
Sheet Preview  
Hi Jan ! Greetings ! I have some data in two different columns one in Column "A" and other in column "B" next row after every filled row is blank eg if there is some data in "A1" and "B1" then "A2" And "B2" is blank and then "A3" and "B3" is filled fith some data.

Now what I want to do is to fill the Column "B" data in column "A" in every empty row without overwritten existing data in column "A".

Kindly tell me how it is possible. I am using office 2007.

Thanks & Regards

You can do so following these steps:

- Select column A
- Hit the F5 key (goto) and press special
- Click "Blanks"
- OK
- Now press the = key and select cell B1 (creating the formula =B1)
- Press control+enter (this fills that formula into all blank cells)
- Check whether the last cell in the column also got the formula pointing to the last cell in col. B. if not, create manually
- Select column A again, press control+c, control+shift+v (paste special) and paste values.
- Remove col.B.
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Jan Karel Pieterse

Excel and Excel/VBA questions

Excel MVP

Self employed Excel developer

Bachelor in Chemical Engineering

Microsoft MVP award since 2002

Shell, Fortis bank, ABN-AMRO bank, Morgan Stanley, ...