Excel/automatically transfer data to other worksheet

Question
Hello,

I am not an excel expert but have managed to create my own estimating program by using functions like Vlookup and ISError.
I have come to a point where I need some advice.

worksheet 1 is my "detailed costing sheet" where all work descriptions with costing can be selected. The selected description and costing show up on my worksheet 2 "proposal letter" by using IF(ISERROR. but there is a limit.

What I really want is a proposal sheet that automatically grows when the work gets selected on worksheet 1.

Kind regards

Marco

Answer
Hi Marco,

From what you have said you may have outgrown the built-in capabilities of Excel using worksheet functions, and it may now be time to move to a custom VBA macro-based solution. I can't make a specific recommendation without seeing your workbook, so if you would like to email it to me I would be happy to take a look.  My email address is VBAexpert@myway.com.

Damon
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Damon Ostrander