Excel/Database Sorting

Question
Hi Gulshan,

I have a database contains Family Members Name in Column A and Main Member (Family Head) Name in Column B. Column B refers that the family members belongs to one family, so the main member's name will repeat for all the members name from the same family in column A. I need to do mail merge with the database. But it is must to have upto four members name only in one mailer. For example, If the family has 6 members, first four members name should be printed in one mailer and the remaining should be in the second mailer. Is there any possibility to do with VBA or any excel functions. thanks in advance, currently i am wasting all the mailer paper by printing individual mailer for all the family members from one family and rejects the excess mailer. In this case I print 6 mailers, I use only 2 and rejects 4. Save Me. My version is Excel 2007.

Answer
Hello Antony,

First of all, this question might be better answered by someone who is an expert on MSword. I'm more into excel.
Nevertheless, one very simple solution could be to insert empty records for those families where the members are not in multiples of 4. This way, the last record will get blank lines for the balance of records.
This solution will be feasible only if the number of records is limited, maybe within a hundred of few hundreds. When you have thousands of records, this method might become complicated.

Hope this helps.

Gulshan.
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

GULSHAN PURSWANI