Excel/Excel calculating

How do I have a running total of my stock after each sale?  
For example          1000
     sold          100
Automatically showing          900

How do I get this automatically calculated please?
This is Excel 2010

Thank you,   Gabe

Hi Gabe,

Thanks for sending your question on my way...

Not sure how you have structured your data, so it's little bit hard to give exact solution.

Use SUM or SUMIF function for both Available Stock and Sold Stock something like =Sum($A$1:A1)-Sum($B$1:B1)

In the above formula First Sum will get the Running Total of Available Stock.
Second Sum will get the Running Total of Sold Stock.

So subtracting the both will get the current stock position.

Refer the below link to know how to use Relative & Absolute References in Formula.

About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

[Overview] Having hands-on experience with Excel, I can able to answer questions which is related to Conditional Formatting, Goal Seek, Scenarios, Subtotal, Validation, Pivot Table, Shared Workbook, Excel Sheet / Workbook Protection, Excel Settings, Excel Shortcuts and the Two Major & Massive Key Areas of Excel (i.e.) Worksheet Functions and Excel VBA (Macro).

[Services] Volunteer in many of the Excel Discussion Groups / Forums and answered more than 10,000+ questions (approx.)

[Client FAQs] My Solution Files

[Not Interested In] Chart Questions

[Something Controversial]
*50% of answers never been read by the questioner's.
*Only 5% of questioner's provide feedback about the suggested answers.

Vast Experience

Ms-Office, Oracle, Foxpro, C, COBOL etc.,