Excel/Excel doubt..

when the cells are merged in excel how can i sort it by largest to smallest
i need to sort total by largest to smallest

Name   Product   count
A   q   1
  w   6
  e   3
  r   4
  Total   14
B   z   1
  x   8
  c   3
  v   7
  Total   19
C   l   1
  k   8
  j   3
  h   4
  Total   16

You gave a minimal description of your situation - and I believe my original answer was appropriate - but if you have produced you total rows using the subtotal method in the Data menu, and you still have the outline on the left side, you can press the buttons so only the Total lines are displayed (the detailed data is hidden).  then click in the top left cell and sort the data on the column holding the number in your posting.  So the column that holds 14 for the first group, 19 for the second group and so forth.  It will sort the totals and the detail will get sorted with the the total rows.  

Hopefully that is your situation and the procedure suggested works for you.

Tom Ogilvy

About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Tom Ogilvy

Selected as an Excel MVP by Microsoft since 1999. Answering Excel questions in Allexperts since its inception in 2001. Able to answer questions on almost all aspects of Excel's internal capabilities. If seeking a VBA solution, please specify that in your question itself so I give you the answer you want. [Excel has weak protection - if you are distributing an application, I don't answer questions on how to protect your project from your users.]

Extensive experience.

Master of Science (MS) degree Operations Research (ORSA)

Microsoft MVP in Excel.