Excel/extracting data from Database basis on Location & Value

Hello Sir - Greeting for the day,
I m using excel 2010 & having 100000 records of location (150 locations) & value ...I have to extract no of top values records against the each of 150 location to make other database,for example having total 755 record for mumbai & i need value wise top 25 record from that data for mumbai so for other 150 locations .No of required records may be defer location wise..(mumbai -25,delhi-45,surat-20..etc.)Presently i m doing by sorting option & selecting manually, it is really time consuming activity. Request you to please help. It will be great help if you having any formula base solution for this activity( i do not have VBA/Macro knowelwdge at all).

Thanks in advance.

Hello Arun,

This can be easily handled since you are using excel 2010. You need to use Autofilter. Once you have activated autofilter for the list, you should be able to see an option top 10. You should be able to see the top values using this method.
You can also use pivot tables to arrive at this result.

Hope this helps.
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

I can answer questions related to the following topics: 1. MS Excel - Creating and Linking Formulae, Running Pivot Tables, Vlookup etc. 2. Macros / VBA - Creating Macros to do specific jobs. Importing / Exporting / Validating Data in excel through Macros.

I've been working on excel for over 10 years and on VBA macros for over 3 years now.

Bachelor of Commerce, Chartered Accountant from The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India