Excel/Formula

Question
I have a master worksheet, many rows.
The formula I need... In sheet1 where the data is.. If column2 has the word "Dallas" in it and column3 has the word "Driver" in it, I want the name thats in column1 to be populated in a cell in column1 in sheet2.

Answer
Hi Kevin,

That's an easy one, you can create a Pivot Table on the data available in sheet1 and setup the Pivot table filters on the column 2 and column 3 of the data. Now, you can filter the pivot results by Dallas and Driver to see only the relevant records.

Only thing to note is that the Pivot Table will need to be refreshed if you have made any changes to the source data.

Please let me know if you need any help with the pivot table. (Pivot table wizard is different in different versions of excel, so give me the exact version of excel if you need help.)

Hope this helps,
Gulshan.
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

GULSHAN PURSWANI