How do I have a running total of my stock after each sale?  
For example          1000
     sold          100
Automatically showing          900

How do I get this automatically calculated please?
This is Excel 2010

Thank you,   Gabe

ANSWER: Hi Gabe,

Do you have any kind of an excel file or a format you are using? If yes, please share a screenshot. The answer can change depending on layout of your file.

QUESTION: Hello again

Thanks for answering.  

This is just a plain Excel 2010 sheet.  No special format at all.

Thanks again,  Gabe

Create 4 columns in your excel, column A contains the opening balance. B contains the inwards. C contains the outwards. D contains the closing balance.
In column D1, enter the formula as =A1 + B1 - C1 and that becomes your closing balance.
In column A2, enter the formula as =D1 so that the prior closing balance becomes your current opening balance.
Copy this formula to the entire range and use one row for one movement. This should give you what you need.

Hope this helps.

About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

I can answer questions related to the following topics: 1. MS Excel - Creating and Linking Formulae, Running Pivot Tables, Vlookup etc. 2. Macros / VBA - Creating Macros to do specific jobs. Importing / Exporting / Validating Data in excel through Macros.

I've been working on excel for over 10 years and on VBA macros for over 3 years now.

Bachelor of Commerce, Chartered Accountant from The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India