Excel/Help Needed - "IF" function in MS Office 2010

I have a workbook with 2 spreadsheets. On first spreadsheet I use value from one CELL (number of people at camp) that keeps updating daily with respect to date.

One second sheet I have to calculate number of man-hours worked with respect to date. I can make IF function, but it erodes all values other than today's date.

I need IF function that should not disturb values corresponding to previous dates.

Not clear from the pictures what formulas you are using - but it sounds as though you have a fixed location on one sheet that you need to have in different locations on the other sheet depending on day =-= this isn't really possible in excel other than via a macro, or by simply repeating the formula but every day pasting over the results with the values for that day.

I'm more than happy to help further if needs be.  If it helps my direct email is
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Aidan Heritage

I have provided first hand support since `95 for Microsoft Office majoring in Word and Excel - support for all versions from 2 onwards. I'm based in the UK, so please allow for time differences when asking me questions from other parts of the world!

My background is in the insurance industry and call centre areas, but have been called upon to provide many varied solutions.

I'm educated to UK A level standard, but as I left school some 30 years ago that is rather irrelevent - university of life has provided more of a background!