Excel/Help Needed - "IF" function in MS Office 2010

Question
Query_IF
Query_IF  
Please find attached the screenshot of first sheet.

If you like I could send you email.

Thanks

Answer
Hello Hafeez,

As per my understanding, what you are trying to achieve is that you want to update the first sheet and that should in turn update the second sheet data based on formula. On the next day, you will overwrite the first sheet data with current date information, but the second sheet should continue to show the old data plus the new data. Correct?

If that's the case, then this cannot be handled in you current excel, since the second sheet formulae continue to point to the same data range, when you move to subsequent dates, the data is updated, thereby updating the formula.

I can think of two options -
1. Create a separate sheet for each date and link the formula in such a way that each date information is picked up from the respective sheets.
2. Copy the data of prior date and do a "paste special - values" to freeze the data and then update for current date.

Hope this helps.
Gulshan.
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

GULSHAN PURSWANI