Excel/Help Needed - "IF" function in MS Office 2010

I have a workbook with 2 spreadsheets. On first spreadsheet I use value from one CELL (number of people at camp) that keeps updating daily with respect to date.

One second sheet I have to calculate number of man-hours worked with respect to date. I can make IF function, but it erodes all values other than today's date.

I need IF function that should not disturb values corresponding to previous dates.

I don't think that you can avoid this problem without changing your spreadsheet design. You need to capture each date as a fixed value on the second sheet and then update the values on a daily basis. Linking to a volatile cell juts won't work for you I think.
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Bob Phillips

Can - VBA, Functions and formulas, PowerPivot, conditional formatting, data validation, charting

I have been using Excel for in excess of 20 yeras, and I am a 9 year Microsoft MVP

PASS UK Developer Group SQL Soton SQL FAQ

BSc Mathematics

Microsoft MVP since 2005