Excel/Sunday for a given date series- Excel

Question
Hello Sir,
I have a column of dates and want the Sunday that comes next to the date in the week in second column.
For e.g
ColumnA          ColumnB(ANSWER)
Aug  8 2013          11-Aug-13
Aug 12 2013          18-Aug-13
Aug  4 2013          04-Aug-13

Answer
I'm not sure if you want the sunday before or the sunday after, but the principle will work for either

=yourdate-weekday(yourdate) will take you BACK to the Saturday before the date in question .  You can then add as many days as you want.

Hopefully this makes sense but let me know if I can help further (question found in question pool)
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Aidan Heritage