Excel/Due Dates

Question
I work in construction. We'd like to know if there is a way to work a calendar backwards. We have a "due on site" date, a material lead time and need to figure out when the item needs to be approved by in order to meet the "due on site" date.

Please help, thank you for your time.

Katy

Answer
Hi Katy
How are you?

You can substract and add days to any date as if it were simple numbers:

Eg.
Type
the due date  in C1
the number of days  that takes to receive the part in B1
the orderīs date should be in A1
=C1-B1

if the result comes on a numeric format, just change it to a date format.

Cheers
Adelaide
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Adelaide carvalho