Excel/IF nested function

Question
Hello Tom,

Help needed! This is wot i want to do:

COL I      COL J      COL N
Source     Core      Average
Aime        CG1         72
Agn         CG2         15
Aif         FS1         44

i want to specify criteria met for Source and Core as i provide then a certain calculation to be based on the Average column.

i have tried the following formula:

=IF(OR(AND($J2="CG1",$I2="AIF")),$N2*1.5,IF(OR(AND($J2="CG2",$I2="AIF")),$N2*1.25,IF(OR(AND($J2="CG1",$I2="AIME")),$N2*1,IF(OR(AND($J2="CG2",$I2="AIME")),$N2*1,IF(OR(AND($J2="CG1",$I2="AGN")),$N2*1.5,IF(OR(AND($J2="CG2",$I2="AGN")),$N2*1.25,IF(OR(AND($J2="CG1",$I2="END")),$N2*1.5,IF(OR(AND($J2="CG2",$I2="END")),$N2*1,IF(OR(AND($J2="CG1",$I2="RAKP")),$N2*2,IF(OR(AND($J2="CG2",$I2="RAKP")),$N2*3))))))))))

i tried using IF(NOT(ISERROR but it didnt work either

Answer
Kauther,

I put your formula in O2 and then drag filled it down to row 4 and it produced

Source   Core   Average   Results
Aime   CG1   72   72
Agn   CG2   15   18.75
Aif   FS1   44   FALSE

Which appear to be the correct results based on the formula you show.

So you have not said what the problem is and as far as I can tell, there is no problem with what you show.  

Now I tested with Excel 2007 or later.  Earlier versions of excel will not let you have more than 7 levels nested and you are beyond that.  

Since it is working for me and you never actually asked me a specific question, then I don't know what else to tell you.

--
Tom Ogilvy

About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Tom Ogilvy